Quick answer to your question.  We are a software vendor to many
businesses.  Our customers manage their own email via Microsoft 365 or
GMail or some other third party email system.  Our software just needs to
be able to send email with one or many FROM addresses within these emails.

So widgets.com is a customer of mine.  They get their email from gmail.
So b...@widgets.com and sa...@widgets.com are gmail accounts.  Bob and all
sales people need to be able to send email from within my system with the
from address as b...@widgets.com and sa...@widgets.com

We can authenticate in our system with OAuth2 with smtp.gmail.com servers
for each of the two accounts b...@widgets.com and sa...@widgets.com.  Or
alternatively we can use a third party smtp provider like mailgun.com and
use their server to send email with the from address as each of these two
email addresses.  This requires some initial DNS setup to ensure
deliverability but once it is setup the maintenance is easy.

What I want to do is create my own mailgun.com system that send the email
via one authenticated user with the from address as b...@widgets.com or
sa...@widgets.com (or any other address for that matter).

-Mark