On Thu, 8 Oct 2026 08:31:19 GMT, Matthias Baesken <[email protected]> wrote:

>> The gcc static analyzer reports this issue :
>> 
>> 
>> src/jdk.jdwp.agent/share/native/libjdwp/signature.c:49:28: warning: 
>> dereference of NULL 'tagPtr' [CWE-476] [-Wanalyzer-null-dereference]
>> src/jdk.jdwp.agent/share/native/libjdwp/signature.c:50:12: warning: 
>> dereference of NULL 'tagPtr' [CWE-476] [-Wanalyzer-null-dereference]
>> 
>> 
>> Normally the
>> char *tagPtr = strchr(signature, SIGNATURE_END_ARGS);
>> call should not return NULL; but maybe (in theory with bad/malformed input) 
>> it could happen so better add a NULL check.
>> In debug builds, the following JDI_ASSERT should handle it.
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Matthias Baesken has updated the pull request incrementally with one 
> additional commit since the last revision:
> 
>   GetMethodName - check success

I added a check to methodSignature after the GetMethodName call.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/32929#issuecomment-6056409329

Reply via email to