Regards,

Brady

[0] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/sfc-dev/2016-October/003475.html

On 14/10/16 07:53, Miguel Angel Muñoz Gonzalez wrote:

Hi Thanh, all,

If it is allowed to increase versions at the moment in SFC and inheriting properties from parent seems to be a good practice, bumping all the sfc versions to a higher number sounds like a good alternative. However, my concern is that we will be changing major/minor numbers and I’m not sure if we introduced incompatible changes in SFC to justify such increase (according to semantic versioning).

If there are not incompatible changes in SFC I guess we would have to stick to option 2) and hardcode 0.5.0 into the sfc-ui-module.

Opinions?

Miguel Ángel.

*From:*Thanh Ha [mailto:thanh...@linuxfoundation.org]
*Sent:* viernes, 14 de octubre de 2016 4:37
*To:* sfc-dev@lists.opendaylight.org; rele...@lists.opendaylight.org; Miguel Angel Muñoz Gonzalez <miguel.angel.munoz.gonza...@ericsson.com>
*Subject:* Version conflict introduced in sfc-ui-module

Hi Everyone,

I think we have a blocker issue as I've just noticed this patch was merged:

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/46730

and will actually prevent us from releasing Carbon in the future since the version of sfc-ui-module that's currently set is already been released.

The problem with this patch is that ${dlux.version} is configured as:

BORON = 0.4.x-SNAPSHOT

CARBON = 0.5.x-SNAPSHOT

While sfc-parent version was:

Boron = 0.3.x-SNAPSHOT

Carbon = 0.4.x-SNAPSHOT

So the patch in Carbon downgraded sfc-ui-module's version to 0.4.x-SNAPSHOT which was already released:

https://nexus.opendaylight.org/content/repositories/opendaylight.release/org/opendaylight/sfc/sfc-ui-module/

(Also I think it's bad practice to make a newer version of your software have the same version as the previous released version)

The problem with the patch is that when the version number in a pom file is omitted it takes the version number of the parent pom that is declared in said pom file. I think there's a couple possible solutions to this.

1)

If SFC really wants to start using the parent pom's version for all their maven modules than we need to bump the sfc-parent pom version to a high enough version that it doesn't cause any modules that are using it to reduce their own versions.

2)

Alternatively if SFC does not want to use ${dlux.version} because it causes a maven warning. Than we need to hardcode the version 0.5.0-SNAPSHOT in the sfc-ui-module pom file.

Thanh