On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 6:56 PM, William Hay <w....@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> [...]
> >      >
> >      >    Ya true..
> >      >
> >      >      What does
> >      >      ls -l /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/*sge*
> >      >      output if anything?
> >      >
> >      >    It says " no match"
> >      >     i.e. /etc/rc.d/rc3.d folder has no file with *sge*
> >      >
> >      >      >
> >      >      >    command "ps ax |grep sge" says
> >      >      >
> >      >      >    17870 pts/4    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto sge
> >      >      >    26341 ?        S    10557:34 /bin/sh ./inst_sge -m -x
> >      >      You have a copy of inst_sge running eating that amount of cpu
> >      time?  Was
> >      >      that intentionally still running?
> >      >
> >      >    I was not running it intentionally , and system monitor also
> does
> >      not show
> >      >    any process with name "inst_sge". I had tried closing all the
> >      terminals
> >      >    and restarted the system
> >      >
> >      >    now the output is
> >      >    8160 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto sge
> >      IIRC the installation of the init script is the last thing inst_sge
> does
> >      so
> >      if this is the only thing blocking the install then you just need to
> >      set the file up by hand
> >
> >      Try the install_initd command by hand again now that there isn't a
> >      running inst_sge
> >
> >    The ./install_initd says
> If you leave out the ./ it will search the path.
>
> >    Command not found
> >    I think this file (install_initd) is not available in /opt/sge that
> is why
> >    command not found
> >

> >      If that doesn't work try:
> >
> >      chkconfig --add sgemaster.mbialjpj55
> >      chkconfig sgemaster.mbialjpj55 on
> >      service sgemaster.mbialjpj55 start
> >

> >      Try running
> >      /etc/init.d/sgemaster.mbialjpj55 start
> >      by hand does it produce output?
> >
> >    It worked and then the output of "ps ax | grep sge" is
> >    29305 ?        Sl     0:00 /opt/sge/bin/lx-amd64/sge_qmaster
> >    29974 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto sge
> >
> >    Now the below 3 commands are immaterial
> >    chkconfig --add sgemaster.mbialjpj55
> >    chkconfig sgemaster.mbialjpj55 on
> >    service sgemaster.mbialjpj55 start
> >    as these commands say
> Well the first two make sure it will start on reboot.
>

> >    "sge_qmaster with PID 29305 is already running"
> >

> >      cat /etc/init.d/sgemaster.mbialjpj55
> >

> >      This command displays the contents of sgemaster.mbialjpj55
> executable
> >      file in terminal
>

> >      William
> >
> >    Thanks William...
> >
> >    But now also, I am not sure about installation,If it is done or not
>
> If you installed Dave's RPMS then it is installed.  inst_sge despite the

!! Cheers .... Hope inst_sge really just does an initial config...

> >    Kindly suggest the needful
> I suspect you probably want to use inst_sge to configure the node as an
> execd as well.

Is there any documentation available for doing that because I do not have
any idea how to do it

And I tried some computations with the current setup but some of the errors
were

Error: which: no qconf in (/usr/local......    ....   )
Warning SGE_ROOT environment variable is set but Grid Engine software is
not found, will run locally

And there is no folder gridengine in usr/share/doc
Thus it indicates the software is not at all installed

--
Himanshu Joshi