So, the local asphalt track here has a division called "Factory
Four", and they race on a 1/2 mile track.  The cars are supposed to
be close to stock.  Mostly the winners are Acura Integras and such.
Once in a while, a Neon shows up and usually wins until it breaks.
Some even last for three races.

We have laying around the yard, a couple of "L" bodies and a good 2.2
short block, a good cylinder head, an aftermarket cam (don't know
which yet) and a 500 CFM Holley 2- barrel.  We think if we add a
rollcage and some shaved Toyos, we might run with the pack.

One area of concern is ignition.  We seem to have a high number of
ignition failures with these cars.  Usually some spark control
computer, relay, or hall effect.  What ignition do you guys think
would be good for this kind of use?  Stock distributor? MSD?
Combination?  Is there any way to replace the whole stock system with
an aftermarket one?

Any other suggestion welcome.  We are far from experts.  More like
weekend warriors.

David Chester
Las Vegas, NM
92 Spirit R/T