Unfortunately it is hard to see exactly how and what materials items on the
"net" are made of.  Pictures can be deceiving not only for what can be seen,
but what can't be or isn't shown.  I don't recall a materials list being listed
when I looked into Mike's bars.  That being said, any bar with bends will flex.
 SCCA doesn't allow tieing to the firewall (in autocross) to triangulate the
firewall and struts together when I read the rules so that route isn't viable
for many.  (anyone better informed, chime in)  Any sturdy strut bar will help.
The bar should add to the aesthetics as well as function well.  Price point is
important because we deal in cheap, entry level cars  (speaking of L-bodies)
that are more than the sum of their parts.  I think Mike has hit most of the
points that are important to most of us.  I need to have one in my hands to
tell any more.
My .02!

--
Rex N. Elsner