>Hi, I have an 86 GLH and the drivers window falls forward everytime you put it
>up. You have to hold it back while you crank it up.
>
>I took door panel off and can't find anything wrong or broken. Has anyone
>encountered this problem before? Please help!

I've had an ongoing issue with the same thing but mine is a little harder to
fix. There's a metal plate that grabs a hold of a runner keeping this mechanism
on track. If it loses grip it'll go up or down but nothing keeps it from
falling forward.

I bought a used one recently to fix my window issue but discovered something
unusual. On the very early model that I have (a 1979 Omni) the inner door
assembly is completely different than the ones used in the more more common mid
1980's models (and it's too different to be adapted properly).

Now I need to ask the collective if anyone has access to a driver side 1978 or
1979 Omni door that has a properly functioning window mechanism. I could really
use these inner parts, unfortunately the later years from 1980 to 1990 won't
work.

David Salamone
Positive Impressions
shelbydo...@mindspring.com