On 12/13/10 7:49 AM, Tom Eastep wrote: > On 12/13/10 6:58 AM, Nathan Gibbs wrote: >> * Tom Eastep wrote: >>> On 12/11/10 7:17 AM, Nathan Gibbs wrote: >>> >>>> Anyhow, can the current shorewall release do what I need as an action >>>> instead >>>> of a macro? >>>> If it can, upgrading our shorewalls gets a higher priority. >>> >>> Please disregard my last post. No -- the current version does not >>> support REDIRECT rules in an Action. >>> >>> >> I'm still thinking about this, and "might" have a solution. >> >> First a couple of questions. >> 1. In iptables, does the nat table get processed before the filter table? > > Yes -- please see http://www.shorewall.net/Documentation_Index.html >> >> 2. Could I call a chain in the nat table from the filter table? > > No.
As an aside, Shorewall 4.4.16 *will* support DNAT and REDIRECT in actions. -Tom -- Tom Eastep \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who Shoreline, \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like Washington, USA \ all of the passengers in his car http://shorewall.net \________________________________________________
signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lotusphere 2011 Register now for Lotusphere 2011 and learn how to connect the dots, take your collaborative environment to the next level, and enter the era of Social Business. http://p.sf.net/sfu/lotusphere-d2d
_______________________________________________ Shorewall-users mailing list [email protected] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/shorewall-users
