Erkan,

If you multiply 24.9 by 0.1704, you get roughly the value of cell_length_c
that tubegen gives you. Now, I don't know what tubegen does, but the large
values of the lattice vectors in the ab plane are meant to give a good
distance between the tube and its images - siesta uses periodic boundary
conditions and the largest possible distance is necessary to avoid the above
mentioned interactions.

Marcos

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Erkan Tetik <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I want to calculate a cabon nanotube with siesta and I've tried the
> "nanotube-c-5-0" example that it is in the Tests folder in Siesta. But, I
> don't understand the LatticeVectors and LatticeConstant parameter in the fdf
> file for this calculation only. I use the "tubegen" program to generate
> anything carbon nanotube. For example, I'm getting the Atomic Coordinates
> and lattice constats for CNT(5,0) with tubegen, I mean;
>
> lattice constats(unit is Angs, tubegen out file);
> _cell_length_a         7.3128
> _cell_length_b         7.3128
> _cell_length_c         4.2806
>
> in the nanotube-c-5-0.fdf file;
> LatticeConstant    24.9 Ang
> %block LatticeVectors
>  1.0      0.0000     0.0
> -0.50     0.86602540378444   0.00
>  0.0      0.0       0.1704
> %endblock LatticeVectors
>
> I haven't obtained the LatticeConstant and LatticeVectors in the
> nanotube-c-5-0.fdf by using the lattice constats in the tubegen out file. I
> have been examined the siesta-3.0-b.pdf file, but, I could not find a
> solution yet. Please, could you explain to me?
>
> Best Regards.
> Erkan Tetik
>

Responder a