In principle you should first determine the value of a for which your tube
has no interaction with other images, just by making a scf calculation with
fixed atomic geometry and fixed c, for different values of a (check
variations in the total energy as a function of a). Then, you optimize c/a
either by performing a variable-cell calculation, or by relaxing your system
for different values of c/a and finding c/a that gives you minimum energy.

Marcos

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 6:55 PM, Erkan Tetik <[email protected]> wrote:

> hello,
> Thanks for your reply, I think, I understand that you want to tell me. In
> this case, I have to optimise the 'a' and also 'c/a' variables and I need
> to know;
>  For example a=b=9.6448 and c=4.2699(I obtained the tubegen), I will use
> the large values for a variables.
>
> Best Regards.
> Erkan Tetik
>
>
>
>

Responder a