hello,
Thanks for your reply, I think, I understand that you want to tell me. In
this case, I have to optimise the 'a' and also 'c/a' variables and I need to
know;
For example a=b=9.6448 and c=4.2699(I obtained the tubegen), I will use

2010/5/5 Marcos Veríssimo Alves <[email protected]>

> Erkan,
>
> If you multiply 24.9 by 0.1704, you get roughly the value of cell_length_c
> that tubegen gives you. Now, I don't know what tubegen does, but the large
> values of the lattice vectors in the ab plane are meant to give a good
> distance between the tube and its images - siesta uses periodic boundary
> conditions and the largest possible distance is necessary to avoid the above
> mentioned interactions.
>
> Marcos
>
> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Erkan Tetik <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I want to calculate a cabon nanotube with siesta and I've tried the
>> "nanotube-c-5-0" example that it is in the Tests folder in Siesta. But, I
>> don't understand the LatticeVectors and LatticeConstant parameter in the fdf
>> file for this calculation only. I use the "tubegen" program to generate
>> anything carbon nanotube. For example, I'm getting the Atomic Coordinates
>> and lattice constats for CNT(5,0) with tubegen, I mean;
>>
>> lattice constats(unit is Angs, tubegen out file);
>> _cell_length_a         7.3128
>> _cell_length_b         7.3128
>> _cell_length_c         4.2806
>>
>> in the nanotube-c-5-0.fdf file;
>> LatticeConstant    24.9 Ang
>> %block LatticeVectors
>>  1.0      0.0000     0.0
>> -0.50     0.86602540378444   0.00
>>  0.0      0.0       0.1704
>> %endblock LatticeVectors
>>
>> I haven't obtained the LatticeConstant and LatticeVectors in the
>> nanotube-c-5-0.fdf by using the lattice constats in the tubegen out file. I
>> have been examined the siesta-3.0-b.pdf file, but, I could not find a
>> solution yet. Please, could you explain to me?
>>
>> Best Regards.
>> Erkan Tetik
>>
>
>

Responder a