Ok, thinking about this some more, I am still conflicted.

There are two schools here... simplicity and conservation.

I think worrying about conservation is important.  But are we trying to
converse needlessly?

If we think we will be using v6 in 20 years, I think we are kidding
ourselves.  With the IoE/IoT, the consumption of address space is going to
accelerate in a huge way.  If we're not thinking about what is after IPv6,
then we're doing ourselves a disservice anyway. But that is the future, and
extremely difficult to predict in this area.

I think simplicity is better in this case... except if it is not really
simple.  If we have to alter a significant amount of policy to make it
simpler, then it isn't really simple.

The question is, how critical is this at the moment?  I'd like to see thing
simpler, but I'd like to know how complex it would be to implement it -
correctly.

...Skeeve

*Skeeve Stevens - Senior IP Broker*
*v4Now - *an eintellego Networks service
ske...@v4now.com ; www.v4now.com

facebook.com/v4now ;  <http://twitter.com/networkceoau>
linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

IP Address Brokering - Introducing sellers and buyers