The problem statement says;

Bogons are defined in RFC3871, A "Bogon" (plural: "bogons") is a packet
with an IP source address in an address block not yet allocated by IANA
or the Regional Internet Registries (ARIN, RIPE NCC, APNIC, AFRINIC and
LACNIC)...

So that raises a question, what about resources that are deregisterd
because they are returned, revoked, or otherwise reclaimed, for any of a
myriad of reasons, including non-payment of fees? Do they become Bogons
with AS0 ROAs the moment they are deregistered? Later, if so when? What if
there is a ROA for them in the system? Are the ROAs removed, if so when?

Personally I think they should be deregistered for some amount of time
before the becoming Bogons and have an AS0 ROA created them, also for the
AS0 ROA to be effective any ROAs for these deregistered resources need to
be removed as well.

I would propose something like the following;

   1. Upon de-reregistration any existing ROAs are removed from RPKI
   2. 30 days after de-registraion, AS0 ROAs are created except for
   non-payment fees
   3. 90 days after de-registraion, AS0 ROAs are created in the case of
   non-payment fees

Thanks.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 12:52 AM Sumon Ahmed Sabir <sasa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear SIG members
>
> A new version of the proposal "prop-132: AS0 for Bogons"
> has been sent to the Policy SIG for review.
>
> Information about earlier versions is available from:
> http://www.apnic.net/policy/proposals/prop-132
>
> You are encouraged to express your views on the proposal:
>
>   - Do you support or oppose the proposal?
>   - Is there anything in the proposal that is not clear?
>   - What changes could be made to this proposal to make it more effective?
>
> Please find the text of the proposal below.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Sumon, Bertrand, Ching-Heng
> APNIC Policy SIG Chairs

> prop-132-v002: AS0 for Bogons

> Proposer: Aftab Siddiqui
>            aftab.siddi...@gmail.com
>

> 1. Problem statement
> --------------------
> Bogons are defined in RFC3871, A "Bogon" (plural: "bogons") is a packet
> with an IP source address in an address block not yet allocated by IANA
> or the Regional Internet Registries (ARIN, RIPE NCC, APNIC, AFRINIC and
> LACNIC) as well as all addresses reserved for private or special use by
> RFCs.  See [RFC3330] and [RFC1918].
>
> As of now, there are 287 IPv4 bogons and 73 IPv6 bogons in the global
> routing
> table. In the past, several attempts have been made to filter out such
> bogons
> through various methods such as static filters and updating them
> occasionally
> but it is hard to keep an up to date filters, TeamCymru and CAIDA
> provides full
> bogon list in text format to update such filters. TeamCymru also
> provides bogon
> BGP feed where they send all the bogons via a BGP session which then can be
> discarded automatically. Beside all these attempts the issue of Bogon
> hasn't be resolved so far.
>

> 2. Objective of policy change
> -----------------------------
> The purpose of creating AS0 (zero) ROAs for unallocated address space by
> APNIC
> is to resolve the issue of Bogon announcement. When APNIC issues an AS0
> ROA for
> unallocated address space under APNIC’s administration then it will be
> marked as
> “Invalid” if someone tries to advertise the same address space.
>

> Currently, in the absence of any ROA, these bogons are marked as
> “NotFound”. Since
> many operators have implemented ROV and either planning or already
> discarding “Invalid”
> then all the AS0 ROAs which APNIC will create for unallocated address
> space will be
> discarded as well.
>
> 3. Situation in other regions
> -----------------------------
> No such policy in any region at the moment.
>

> 4. Proposed policy solution
> APNIC will create AS0(zero) ROAs for all the unallocated address space
> [...]

David Farmer               Email:far...@umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952