Hi Hiroki, all,

Thanks for your inputs, allow me to clarify below, in-line.

El 6/9/19 16:25, "Hiroki Kawabata" <sig-policy-boun...@lists.apnic.net en
nombre de kawab...@nic.ad.jp> escribió:

    Hi all,

    About the part of IPv6, we oppose this. other parts are neutral.

    We have to make efforts to aggrigate IPv6 routes and to maintain sparse
allocation
    mechanism. Since each registry has enough IPv6 prefix,
    it is better to receive a new prefix from the registry, especially partial
M&A case.

If I recall correctly, when I talked about this with the staff, they confirmed
that already accept partial M&A cases. My text only clarifies it.

We know perfectly that even if we don't like disaggregation (and I encourage to
avoid it), LIRs will do it anyway. Existing policy doesn't forbid it. Is only
recommended. So not having this text, doesn't disallow it.

The other point that you raise, this is not changing sparse allocation. The
prefixes we are discussion about, are already allocated or assigned to
LIRs/end-users, so the APNIC internal sparse allocation doesn't change.

Last, but not least. When a company acquires another, they have the rights to
acquire all their assets, and legally, you can't avoid that. Even if policies
say "not", legally they have acquired all or part of the assets (including the
right to use the addressing space).

Having a policy that doesn't allow it will not change a legal right.

    About inter-RIR, there are not consensus about (M&A and/or market)transfer
IPv6 address
    between RIRs.  First of all, we think we need to discuss about it.

This has been accepted already in RIPE (long time ago). LACNIC staff confirmed,
in the impact analysis of an equivalent policy proposal, that when a company is
involved in an M&A, they merge "all the resources, not just IPv4".

Do you really think, you can forbid a company, never mind is from one region or
another, to "not transfer" the resources that are part of the legal agreement
that they have acquired (when they buy a company which is APNIC member, they
"buy" all the contracts)? We like it or not, this is a lost battle in my
opinion. You can't say, transfer IPv4, renumber your ASN and IPv6!

    Regards,
    Hiroki

    ---
    Hiroki Kawabata