Hi Amrita,

Thanks a lot for your inputs!

I don’t think the policy can be changed without running thru the PDP. If some
text is not sufficiently clear, if it is open to different interpretations it
must be resolved.

It is not approriate, for example, to have a discrepancy on anyone reading the
manual and the staff having a differente read on the same point. Take my
example in my proposal for sub-assignment clarification. According to the staff
a DC or an ISP must use an allocation for providing service to customers.
However, if we consider the equipments connected as part of the infrastructure,
anyone reading the same text will agree that it is possible to use an
assignment as well. This is insane. In IPv4 is not a problem, but in IPv6 to
make it possible you will provide a single IPv6 address to a complete customer
network, or a single host that runs multiple VMs, which means, in turn, that
you will need some kind of crazy non-standard NAT “function”.

Editorial changes are allowed to policy proposals, even after reaching
consensus, but not once they become implemented, and consequently, once the
text is already in the policy manual.

Regarding the 4 weeks period. I disagree. The current PDP text allows to have
it variable, and I think that it must be a very clear and well defined time, so
it is not possible to be “subjective” or “discriminate” among different policy
proposal. All them should be treated the same. If a policy proposal in the
“last-call” period is creating too much conflicting discussion (and specially
on new aspect not discussed before), it definitively it should be interpreted
as a sign for the chairs that the consensus is not clear, and probably instead
of extending that period, should be send back to the list for a complete new
discussion.

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet