>> The providers on the exchange points can still exchange IPv4 NLRI via IPv6
>> peering sessions and forward IPv4 data grams to the correct MAC next-hop
>> learned via IPv6 ND.
>>
>> This is already in widespread use. It’s a bit hacking, but it works and
>> doesn’t require additional IPv4 addresses.
>
> Can you give me an example of IXP where the peering lan is IPv6 only?

I cannot (yet), but I can point to plenty of peering sessions where IPv4 and
IPv6 NLRI are passed over a single IPv6 peering session. Some on exchanges,
many on private links.

Point is that an IXP doesn’t technically need IPv4 addresses on the IX in order
to support dual stack peering sessions. It’s a nice to have and less confusing
to have v4 over v4 and v6 over v6, but when we run out of v4 addresses for
IXPs, that won’t be as painful as, say not being able to put v4 addresses on
web servers or DNS servers.

Owen