Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answers! Let's start with the good news, I think you are right with regards to the second part, I have been fiddling around with short and long cables and may have moved to a new USB port on a HUB, when I stick to the same port each time it seems to "remember" it's driver.

As for the libusb-win32 driver, I understood that it was deprecated, I read it was in *Bug-Fix-Only maintenance mode* (https://sourceforge.net/p/libusb-win32/wiki/Home/). However, I cannot seem to get the mcupro Logic16 clone working when selecting WinUSB. When using WinUSB, I get the following in my log:
sr: saleae-logic16: Found a Logic16 device.
sr: hwdriver: Scan found 1 devices (saleae-logic16).
sr: device: saleae-logic16: Opening device instance.
sr: saleae-logic16: Firmware upload was not needed.
saleae-logic16: Failed to receive reply to EP1 command 0x7d: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO.
sr: saleae-logic16: Failed to init device.
sr: saleae-logic16: Unable to open device.
Notifying user of session error: "generic/unspecified error"

which error message "Failed to receive reply to EP1 command 0x7d: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO" brings us back to the email that Dimitry Katsubo sent you earlier, with the same issue.

In your last email to Dimitry you mentioned:
" This might hint at something odd going on with the windows usb stack specifically. "
and
" We recently had an odd issue with OpenOCD on windows where a claim_interface libusb API call was missing and it was giving weird errors as the result but just on windows."

Could this still be related?
Of course we are talking about a clone, and it does work with libusb-win32, but with this driver being deprecated I am eager to get it working on WinUSB.
So your thoughts and input are highly appreciated!