On 2021-03-24 12:55, Gerhard Sittig wrote:

This is not meant to pick on any individual subscriber, they may
not even be aware (never learned how to use email properly). But
it's something that bothers me, because it breaks the very point
of having a mailing list where several subscribers work together,
can help each other, or learn from each other. Which is rather
sad, and totally not desirable. So I have to vent this, hoping
that the problem can get fixed. To then get back to a normal
state where people help each other.

There is a recent(?) climb in the number of messages where the
headers look like this:

| From: A user's name via sigrok-devel <sigrok-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
| To: sigrok-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
| Subject: [sigrok-devel] some subject

Which is so totally wrong.

Ironically, if I hit 'reply' to Gerhard's email, the response is not going to the list, but only to Gerhard.

I use the round-cube foss webmail client. I think my headers are correct but if you see something different then please tell me.