On Sun, Jul 04, 2021 at 07:10:57AM +0200, Gerhard Sittig wrote:

> Martin, have you seen the "sigrok-cli & Fluke 45 DMM question"
> thread which started on 2021-05-31? You can trust me that I'm
> well aware of the history and motivation of what you say there.

I have seen that thread, and what I took away from both it and this one
is that (a) the local echo turned out to be part of the problem and (b)
a better solution to that issue was sought.

I thought it might be useful to refer back to the broader probing issue,
given that people seemed to be wanting to revisit one of the troublesome
drivers again, in ways that might break other devices I need to use.

Your reply sounded like you didn't see any relevance of #1276 so I
explained.

Anyway, I realised I am in a position to do something about all this. I
have access to several of the devices relevant to #1276 at the moment, I
just saw a Fluke 45 at a reasonable price, and it's about time I had a
bench meter.

So I will have one next week, and then you can throw your demands for
information at me instead of sending long emails haranguing new users.

And then I'll see if I have time to come up with a better solution.

Martin