Hi Gerhard,

On Sun, 18 Dec 2022 at 09:24, Gerhard Sittig <gerhard.sit...@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2022-11-30 at 21:59 +0000, PlusNET: Subs wrote:
> > BTW, Gerhard, please be aware, that your personal @gmx.net e-mail
> > address appears in the 'From' header in the e-mails from the mailing
> > list (as do those of other posters - at least in Thunderbird). If I
> > forget to click 'Reply List' and just hit 'Reply' instead, the reply
> > would go straight back to you alone instead of the list. It is just
> > possible whoever directed that e-mail to your personal address may
> > not have done so intentionally.
>
> Trust me, I know how to read an email. This one was a newly
> created message from the same sender, with a different subject
> yet asking the same question. And it started with "Hi Gerhard,
> I found your email in the pulseview git repo ..." -- that's
> where my reaction originated. This has become somewhat popular,
> believing that it'd be my job to help them personally or even do
> their homework when nobody else would respond. Or even starting
> that way without ever trying public channels first. I like to
> help when I can, but I don't feel like "servicing for free"
> just because they expect me to.

Sorry for contacting you directly, effectively repeating the mailing list post.

I tried the mailing list first, but it seemed dead. Then I noticed you
had recent commits in the repo and wanted to reach out because
pulseview is important enough to me that I'd be sad to see it getting
removed from Nixpkgs due to it no longer building.

I guess we all have too little time.

Sorry for not responding properly to your original response in this
thread. I believe you suggested the build issue had been fixed in
master. I did try building from master before posting to the mailing
list. That build also failed, but it might have been due to a
different issue.

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman