On Mon, 2023-01-30 at 18:52 -0500, John D'Ausilio wrote:

> sr: kingst-la2016: Unexpected run state, want 0x85eX, got 0x00e1.
> sr: kingst-la2016: Cannot write 4 bytes to USB: LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_DEVICE.
> sr: kingst-la2016: Cannot set threshold voltage 1.40V.
> sr: session: Could not start kingst-la2016 device usb/1-1.2 acquisition.
> sr: kingst-la2016: Cannot write 1 bytes to USB: LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_DEVICE.
> sr: kingst-la2016: Cannot configure run mode 0.
> Notifying user of session error:  "Capture failed" ;  "input/output error"

What's that? The device "has gone" after it got detected and
configured? I'd suggest to check the typical issues when you got
a problem with a USB device: Check and/or change cables, change
ports. Somebody on IRC mentioned power supply issues with some of
the Kingst LA devices. Make sure the device is properly powered
(would not expect a RAM less device to consume more than others,
but better safe than sorry, do check that aspect).

After the firmware extraction got enhanced, and the netlist loads
to the device: If the current implementation still does not work
for you, of course you can file a bug report. But given how few
people got access to that LA1010 device, chances are rather low
that somebody else unbreaks it for you.

You may want to dig up yourself whichever information you can get
on that device's protocol. See if you find other implementations
that reportedly work with these devices. Get inspired from their
source code, assuming that their license is compatible with
sigrok's. If you want to wait for others to do that: Don't hold
your breath. I've used what was available to me (see the git logs
and comments in the source, think it was alexug or similar), but
could not verify, and still can't. Maybe check if Kingst LA1010
is actually a "clone" of something else, or speaks the same
protocol. To me it looked very similar to Saleae Logic 16, but I
don't have that device either, so can't tell with certainty.

virtually yours
Gerhard Sittig