*another model:*

*Amiestreet* <http://www.amiestreet.com/> (www.amiestreet.com) , where every
song starts off free, just closed a Series A financing round led by
Amazon.com. The amount of Amazon's investment hasn't been disclosed, but
it's an interesting development in the online music arena.

Prices at Amiestreet are determined by demand, increasing to a maximum of
USD 0.98 per song depending on how many people download it. The more popular
a song, the faster its price will increase to 98 cents. Besides giving early
buyers a better deal, the market price system gives consumers the added
pleasure of seeing they've discovered a song or artist before everyone else
has.(See our *earlier
article*<http://www.springwise.com/entertainment/music_at_market_prices/>on
Amiestreet for more.)

As explained by AmieStreet.com's co-founder and CEO Elliott Breece: "
AmieStreet.com grew from the idea that we needed to make buying music social
and fun. The Amie Street community took over from there, driving a shift
toward a music marketplace where consumers decide what is popular and what
music is worth. We're thrilled to have Amazon.com's support in empowering
music consumers."