On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 6:27 PM, ss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  The problem is in saying that only one God is correct and that other Gods are
>  wrong. This is the fundamental basis of conversion and this is what hurts
>  Hindu sentiment.

But what about saying that only one Ramayana is correct and that other
Ramayanas are blasphemous and violently attacking people who
promulgate Ramayanas that offend you?

It seems to me that violent religious intolerance is the same
regardless of the religion. Is attacking authors and destroying
libraries allowable only if it's your ox being gored?

-- Charles