On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Srini Ramakrishnan wrote:
>
>  | http://cheeni.net/books/
>
>  i'd be very interested to know as to how you got that going. it is time
>  that i worked on arranging my bookshelf

Created using Bookpedia. http://bruji.com/bookpedia/

IIRC, I first heard of it via a thread here on Silk. I use Delicious
Library (http://www.delicious-monster.com/) since it has better image
barcode recognition to scan the books and then import them into
Bookpedia since it has better HTML export templates.

I went through most of our collection in a single sitting. I left out
the Tagore and other Bengali classics in 20 volumes and the
miscellaneous hard bound pre-ISBN publications. It was going to be way
too much work to key them in. Thankfully I didn't have to bother
including my collection of computer manuals and books; I've managed to
get rid of them through a generous attic at my parents and living in 6
cities in the past 8 years. I seem to be collecting a healthy
collection of management books that I haven't yet deemed important
enough to mix with my pleasure reading. Whereas, I would include a
good many computer manuals and books under this category.

Cheeni

Reply via email to