What a lovely medley of authors this thread has unleashed.

I am surprised that Wodehouse seems such a favourite; I thought he was
passe....and I thought I was part of a minority (and of course Vod ka
Raja who often uses Wodhousian phrases)  who would like him.

Yes, Vikram Seth has a W with W, as Bertie Wooster would say... a Way
with Words.

And yes, whoever mentioned Devan...HOW could I have forgotten him? Ah,
thank you for the reminder. My mother would bind all the stories from
the magazines together; the huge collection still resides in my
brother's home, and my husband and I dip into the treasure
occasionally. (Yes, there are several areas in which our book-tastes
overlap, too.)

I am curious about favourite Bengali and Hindi authors on the list... do tell.

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Chandrachoodan Gopalakrishnan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote:
>
>
>  >
>  > Dorothy Sayers .. well, her detecting is good, but Lord Peter Wimsey is a
>  > bit of a twit.
>  >
>  >
>  Since everybody's confessing their book loves...
>
>  Richard Bach and Nevil Shute
>  Devan (of CID Chandru and *Thuppariyum Saambu*)
>  PG Wodehouse
>  Roald Dahl and O. Henry and bits of Raymond Chandler
>  JT Edson and Louis L'Amour and Enid Blyton and Franklin W. Dixon
>  Kalki and Bhaarathiar and SM Natesa Sastri
>  and a few more.
>
>  If you folks haven't read Nevil Shute's 'A town like Alice', please do.
>
>
>  C
>
>  --
>  http://www.flickr.com/photos/ravages
>  http://www.linkedin.com/in/ravages
>  http://www.selectiveamnesia.org/
>
>  +91-9884467463
>

Reply via email to