On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Srini Ramakrishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I agree with that grossly non-pc line of reasoning, your theory fits the
> symptoms I have been observing.

The specific symptom I'd like to call out here is the growing
anti-intelligentsia feeling I encounter all over India. There was a time not
too long ago when Indian politics, civil service and many other public
fields included scholars and thinkers which is markedly absent today.
Likewise, even public media which is never a great barometer of intelligence
seems to have dipped farther south than I've ever seen.

I think this is the telling effect of the brain drain on India.

Cheeni