Folks

My grandma is 78 and is quite fragile. She has already fractured her bones
twice and docs have advised "it better not happen again". My mom had
employed a sort-of nurse who used sleep next to her in the night and give
her bath once she wakes up and wash dishes/sweep house for extra money. But
this person quit suddenly protesting my mom's insistence that she come on
time.

So, I know these kinds of requests are frowned upon, but I am at my wit's
end here. My mom says the Hospital which sent the original helper says our
house is too far (Adyar) to send people to and we might not get any
replacement.

Has anyone in had any experience with getting someone like this? My mom is
willing to pay 4K INR per month (is that too low/high?).

Regards,
Divya