On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 02:43, Kiran K Karthikeyan
<kiran.karthike...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The reasoned argument was dig in and solve the problem instead of
> complaining/quitting/swimming against the tide from the word go.

As an Indian-Born-Confused-Desi I'm curious to know how one would "dig
in and solve the problem" when someone whose job (or entreprenuer
venture/something else) involves dealing with corruption at all levels
on a daily basis, folks with zero ethics about cheating, lying and
stealing (office or factory material or something as small as credit
for your work), etc...? Where exactly is one supposed to 'dig in'? Is
one supposed to work or work on solving the problems that affect
his/her work?

> I'm working in my second internet startup (for the Indian market), and I
> agree there are issues, but there are also solutions, that is if you take it
> upon yourself to find them.

If the services sector is hard, try the manufacturing sector or just
listen to someone who has been through that grind. Its enlightening.

--
.