On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 8:48 PM, Eugen Leitl <eu...@leitl.org> wrote:

> For me, availability of very large scientific libraries compact
> enough to be hosted on inexpensive servers makes the price
> (even it's 1 kUSD) of the reader irrelevant.

Right, including the possibility of "hosting my own." I got an
inexpensive sheet fed scanner (Fujitsu ScanSnap) years ago to convert
my personal bits-of-paper to pdf. Then I got a relatively inexpensive
mail processing service (EarthClass Mail) to turn my small remaining
physical mail correspondence to pdf (and give me a stable US address
that forwards my mail to me electronically).

So books were the last bastion of paper in my life, and now I've
pretty much given them up. If it's not available as an ebook, or in
the nearest library, I don't read it.

>> Android G1 with extra capacity battery. I like the fact that it has a
>> real keyboard.
>
> Third party battery? I have an application where I need to
> take something like a Nexus S, and quadruple the runtime.

Yeah a generic chinese double capacity battery with the original
battery as a spare. I don't know of anything that will keep the nexus
S running that long except an external USB power source, which is east
to arrange ias long as small and light isn't a primary requirement.

-- Charles