On 04/21/11 04:07, Radhika, Y. wrote:
> actually the american life is now available everywhere thanks to
> globalization.

I managed to avoid it, thanks to being raised by a hippy mother :-)

We grew our own vegetables; had no car, so we walked to the allotment,
or to the supermarket to buy bread, cheese, pasta, food for the pets,
and cleaning materials (the stuff we couldn't make ourselves).

We had a vegetarian diet, heavy on vegetables and complex starches, with
cheese and soya and pulses are our protein source, but we also had all
that walking and allotment-digging to work off the energy.

It seemed to turn out well, my mother and I are both quite healthy and fit.

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym
http://www.snell-pym.org.uk/alaric/