On Friday 17 Feb 2012 1:39:17 am Srini RamaKrishnan wrote:
> http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-
> you-crazy/8873/2/?single_page=true
>
> How Your Cat Is Making You Crazy

Well your worry about the cat will last only so long as it takes for you to
discover what other "non human" entity has had an influence on humans.

My  own pet theory (pun unintended) is that you can only go so far as to try
and fix what "human" is and therefore what "human" needs to be. If you loook at
the theory that says that mitochondria were bugs, there would be no life as we
know it if those bugs had not infected cells.

Similarly try sterilizing a human being and clearing him of all bugs and then
geting him to survive?

No one actually has answers to such questions. No one asks because it is
socio-politically necessary for all humans to be "the same" and different from
animals. It is easy to get into racism once you start finding human-human
differences based on different bugs. If you can have a man who has been messed
up by bugs and behaves different, you can use behavior to surmise human
connections with monkeys, rats or any non human life form. So it is
politically necessary to have a "human" common denominator. Everything else is
alien.

shiv