From: Biju Chacko
Sender: silklist-bounces+suresh=hserus....@lists.hserus.net
To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
ReplyTo: silklist@lists.hserus.net
Subject: Re: [silk] English expressions that irritate me
Sent: Apr 24, 2012 11:34

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<sur...@hserus.net> wrote:
> Let us put it this way.  There are several terms being dismissed as
> pretentious expressions in this thread, that actually have specific meanings
> attached to them, and these meanings are used consistently

I think it's pretentious to use a big or rarely used word when a
commonly one would do just as well. In specific contexts, a technical
discussion for example, precision and conciseness may require the use
of complicated jargon. That would not be objectionable, IMHO.

-- b

--
srs (blackberry)