This isn't a book, exactly. But it's a web series that's taking shape while
touching upon history, mythology, warfare, feminism, and fantasy. It's
called the #KProject, and is available in little doses here:

http://urbangirldom.com/wp/category/k-project/

But if it interests you very much, read bottom-up :)