The benediction and curse of the age of automation is that any task that
can be well defined is inherently capable of being automated.

There's no sugar coating this, a vast majority of middle class jobs across
industries are going to disappear in the next decade or two. The
aftershocks of this are getting noticeable with more frequent calls for
universal basic income (UBI) and the rise of demagogues on the back of
social unrest.

Silicon valley start ups, and Wall Street are gold rush cultures - by
design they are chaotic, wild, ill defined and risky. Though they will
remain fertile in opportunity, it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Gig economies and service industries will thrive in the near term, but they
don't make a career.

We are entering a phase of social unrest and adjustment like never before.
This is a far scarier conclusion than the end of IT.

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Bhaskar Dasgupta <>