It is not a law of nature that Infosys and its ilk will keep making PAT in
excess of 20%+. Even if profits halve in the next 2 years to 10% - does
that constitute a death of the industry? Pai's point is is that these are
high cash flow businesses, with enough margins and buffer to keep them
afloat and going for long. Further it's *my thesis* that these companies
have enough strengths they can leverage to turn it around. Yes, there's a
lot of pain in the short to medium term and many things will need to get
reinvited - such as change of hiring strategies that many have mentioned in
this thread, but this is just a bump in the larger scheme of things.