You mention Bayesian statistics as a thing like Pearls causality maths
that's too complex.for most people and so hasn't caught on. I'd argue the
exact opposite. Bayesian statistics ARE complicated but the first time I
saw them my reaction was Oh My God this is going to change everything about
how I reason about anything.

And it has.

So it seems to me.that Pearls formalisms just aren't that useful.

-- Charles