Dear Mary and others:
Just because a kid uses a Magic Eraser on his face like an eraser thinking it
will remove crayon and hurts himself, doesn't mean this product is evil and
toxic.  First of all I have used this product for a very long time and it has
been a lifesaver.  It took iodine off my counter.  It will remove crayon from
WALLS safely and parents shouldn't allow their children to use or eat or do
ANYTHING with magic erasers because they are not children's toys.  Let's not
throw the baby out with the bathwater here.  I use it without soap to wash my
van and it does an excellent job.  It removes scuff marks as well and many
other things.

If you would care to do some real deep research on Melamine foam you would find
out that the reason it gave this child the "burns" is because of the way this
foam is structured.  That's why it is so effective but you're not supposed to
use it on the skin!  Parents should read the labels.  It cleans right into the
pores and the child got a type of "rug burn"  Blame the parent not the product.
 The product works and does an excellent job.  This reminds me of years ago
when firecrackers were BANNED in Ontario because some idiotic parents allowed
or did not supervise their young, careless children on firecracker day and they
blew up their faces and hands because they abused them.  Now even responsible
adults cannot purchase them here in Canada because of one careless, thoughtless
idiot.  Please let's not go there with this.

I hope also that I don't get 50 angry responses to this growling and misreading
this email complaining bla bla bla.  I'm really getting sick of it.
Doris