You certainly remember it "clearly"....But do you remember it "accurately"?
Memory is by no means reliable, it is edited all the time and the new versions of events are just as clear and detailed to the person as the old.

The other night on "Mind Control with Derren Brown", a fellow wrote down what he wanted for his birthday. He wanted a red BMX bike and Derren had it in a big gift box sitting right there, except..that fellow had written "Leather Jacket" a few days earlier and sealed the note in an envelope in his wallet. He could not believe he had not written BMX Bike, but there it was in his own handwriting "Leather Jacket"
 Derren explained and showed how he did it.
Pretty amazing stuff.

Bottom line: If the police in any way suggest that someone did something, say, make a suspect in a line up stand out in any way or a photo look like someone you saw as you entered the room..but didn't even consciously notice, it's very likely the victims memory will be altered AND remain crystal clear.

If you didn't get a really clear look at the abductor or were distracted while being in the middle of the attempt, the very next person you did see clearly that looked anything like the clues you had may have replaced the image of the actual abductor ....and you will not know that it happened...especially if that person was not involved in any way and you didn't notice just glancing at him.

 The fact that you don't believe that's possible, makes it even more probable.

Try this: Write down every detail of an important preferably traumatic and very personal event, what you saw and felt about it as it is happening or very soon after.
 Put it away for 2 years and go back and read it.
I did that while losing my ex to alcoholism. [She died]
 I could not believe I had written what I did.
I no longer take my feelings and memories very seriously, ESPECIALLY the "important" ones.

Now..."I believe I saw" gets more credit as a truthful statement than "I know I saw". Whenever I encounter certainty, I am reminded to doubt...especially my own certainties.

It's better to be rightfully wrong than wrongfully right.

ode