Hi Dianne,

It sounds like a good strategy, so far. If you're not already, maybe
you'd want to start your own course of oral CS just to bolster the
immune system side of things.

Maybe put some hydrogen peroxide (3%) in (or on) the ear as well.
Alternate the two every few hours you're awake?

Then there's the new thing everybody is experimenting with, MMS, that
you can read up on at www.miraclemineral.org ... It's a bit challenging
for topical application, but another alternative to a course of oral
antibiotics.

Please let us know what works for you!

Be well,

Mike D.