What on earth do you use to get an Ec reading of 10uS/ How can I find out more about this?

Faith

----- Original Message ----- From: "Clayton Family" <clay...@skypoint.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Re: CS turning yellow?

When it is strong, the ions tend to bumb into each other and become
particles, and these molecules reflect the light slightly, so it does
turn yellow sometimes.  I had a quart batch that did that, and I added
one drop of peroxide to it, and it cleared up some. When I added one
more drop it turned back clear. I let it sit several hours each time
after adding the drop of peroxide to it. I am using that now, and it is
fine, good quality, and works.

The peroxide allows the ions to separate back out, and the size once
again becomes smaller.

The other time it changed colors was when the silver started to react
with something that was in the glass, some impurity. It changed all the
colors of the rainbow, nearly, before the purple particles dropped out
and it became clear, but still with an Ec reading of about 10uS.  I
filtered it, and I did try one dose of it, it seemed ineffective, so I
threw it out. That mason jar still has a stain in the side which will
not come out. I don't use it for making silver anymore, though.

Kathryn