Paula, make sure your getting enough Vitamin C!!

Monday, February 25, 2008
Get Enough Vitamin C
Signs that you may be deficient

(HealthDay News) - Vitamin C is an antioxidant that's found primarily in citrus
fruits, leafy green vegetables, broccoli, potatoes and other fruits and
veggies.

Significant enough vitamin C deficiency can lead to a condition called scurvy.

Here are warning signs that you're not getting enough vitamin C, courtesy of
the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
  a.. Excessively dry hair with ends that split easily.
  b.. Scaly, rough, dry skin.
  c.. Bleeding or inflamed gums.
  d.. Wounds that heal slowly, frequent infections, and bruising easily.
  e.. Frequent nosebleeds.
  f.. Pain and swelling in the joints.
  g.. Anemia.
  h.. Weakened tooth enamel.