Lucky guy!  The first victim...er, patient...I ever drew blood from was an
innocent elderly woman.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fugitt [mailto:cwa...@netdoor.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 11:15 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Giving shots to humans

At 12:05 PM 5/4/2008, you wrote:

>The doctor could jab them with a needle connected to an empty syringe
>and they'd scream just the same.

  Once upon a time, long ago, I was on duty in a clinic in a MASH unit.

I had never given a shot to anyone.

Guess what?  My first Sargent was a patient, and he needed a shot.

Not every one gets to stick his first Sargent in the rear with a huge
needle.

I had seen nurses give it one hard and fast JAB.

I tried that, and the needle did not go it.  It just bounded out.
Darn........ He hollered in great joy !

So, ....... I tried again and drove it in to the hilt, and part of the
syringe.

And......... he hollered again.  My mission was complete and I was an
expert at giving shots,

to the First Sargent, at least.

I never told him about that being the first shot I ever gave anyone.

Wayne