I am so glad for you (and hubby) Dianne and hope it all continues well.  Dee

-------Original Message-------

From: Dianne France
Date: 19/06/2008 12:32:22
To: silver-list
Subject: CS>by pass surgery & recovery

Dear Group

My husband finally had all his testing done and it turned out he did have a
95% blockage in the aorta but they couldn't use a stint because it was at a
three way juncture.  He had open heart done Tuesday and they did a two way
by pass using a vein from him arm and one from his chest.  They didn't want
to use the veins in his legs due to vericose veins.

What I don't understand is looking at the pictures they took during the
heart cath you could clearly see the blockage and he has very large arteries
but no other artery showed any problems or plaque.  Why would a severe
blockage happen in just one spot?  Could there have been a defect in this
area to cause it?

He is looking great and the nurses and surgeon are very impressed with his
recovery so far.  He had the by pass done Tuesday morning and they moved him
last night from a credical care area to a step down.  I couldn't stay with
him when he was in credical care we could only visit half hour time frames
four times a day.  Since he will be in a private room now I probably will be
staying with him until he is released to help him in case nurses aren't
available.