Willie,

Tart Montmorency cherries not only taste great, but offer outstanding health
benefits.  I purchase 10 lb boxes of dried sugar free Montmorency cherries
from Michigan, NY, etc.  for year 'round use.  Instead of raisins, we prefer
dried cherries.
I add dried cherries to our daily treat:

Homemade authentic kefir  containing 50 to 60 probiotics ...
Chopped walnuts,
Organic Wild Blueberries (purchase frozen for 365 day availability) and/or
raspberry &/or organic strawberry
TART Cherry:   dried ... fresh ... or liquid concentrate (low temperature
process)
Diced Fuji apple, pear, mango, fresh pineapple, Miradol Papaya (easy to grow
in Southern States), etc.
Organic unsulphured dark molasses- drizzled on top
Dash of cinnamon
1/4 cup of Freshly ground FLAXSEED  use a coffee grinder ...  I prefer a
half cup!

Those with chronic slow bowel transit will enjoy a remarkable
transformation!

If you will rotate the fruits ... this therapeutic treat is never boring.
To hook junk food freaks and other picky newbies, I sometimes add  10ml to
15ml of dark Maple Syrup on top.  Canadian Maple Syrup Dark Amber is great.
USA product should be Organic.
I reduce the Maple Syrup once the subject is hooked.  Dark Molasses offers ~
730mg of Potassium, an easy to absorb form (much superior to banana
potassium.
The lignans in flaxseed foster Phase 2 detoxification pathways ... helps
eliminate fat soluble toxins.

GOUT:    besides  CHERRY ... we consistently get excellent reports with
YUCCA!  The Southwest Desert Yucca, not the South American tuber.  We use a
Yucca Juice extract in capsules.  Excellent results, pretty much
universally.

Yucca is affordable for most anyone!

JDK