Good Evening Dan,   ( And Craig as well )

 You made my day !    But not the way you think.

At 02:14 PM 9/10/2008, you wrote:
Ya, a pencil will kill you,
but you have to pound it thru your forehead...

  Ah.......... I finally caught you in a mistake. ( then Craig said "Ditto". )

  And a big one at that.

  I guess you forgot, ...............  "The Pen is mightier than the sword".

  Would that not include the pencil as well ?

That could be what got the Prime minister of Morocco killed, after Kissinger gave him a lecture.

And I fully realize the phrase was originally a trick slogan, and halfway a joke.
  ( back in the early 1800's )  About  170 years ago.

Over the years, man has made the slogan, much more that a joke, or a caption to get attention.
  Today it is in fact, a phrase that is etched in stone.

  I could give you a few examples.

If I am not mistaken, one man that wrote an unusual article on Mad Cow, was murdered on the street corner, not long after it was released.

Not to mention what the "Dean of Journalism" said, at a large conference of journalists,

"Not a man here can write what he thinks or what he believes, if he did, he would not have a job tomorrow". He not say, ......... He might not be alive tomorrow, but it is in fact true.

  What a man writes, if about as powerful as what he says, maybe more so.

  Even what he believes is dangerous as well, if it is well known.

I think some fools go to Washington, they are talking when they should be listening,
they do not last long.   Not is Washington, and sometimes, not upon the earth.

 This is indeed a dangerous subject.

 Now I have to add, .............

             The resistor, the diode, and the pencil, can all get you killed.

I was going to say, the resistor and diode are more complicated than the pencil, but I changed my
mind on that.

Consider the list of Microbiologists, 38 at last count, that all died a strange death, one in Memphis, and they found his body in Natchez, MS. ( interesting details about how that happened )

I studied about him, did all kind of research, just to see what I could find out.

Now the real question, ..........

   What is  most  dangerous, the resistor, the diode, or the pencil ?
   ( or maybe the voice )

Wayne