On Feb 12, 2009, at 12:35 PM, Indi wrote:

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:24:24PM -0600, Clayton Family wrote:
Just a short comment- I know many parents that have raised kids on a
vegan diet ( and many more that included milk)- if one pays attention to
the diet, there is no risk of "severe nutritional deficiency". Of
course, kids are at risk of defieciency just by eating the usual kinds
of crap that is commonly used for food these days, such as big macs and soda pop. But one rarely hears the doctors getting as upset with that as
they do with veganism.

That's a fact. But I have known a few people who thought that as long as
their diet was vegetarian, all their nutritional needs were covered. Of
course, that doesn't work for vegetarians any better than it does for meat
eaters.

indi

LOL- yes, my husband for one- the doc told him to eat more veggies!