I think you are right Katherine.  One of my grandsons eats nothing but pot
noodles, burghers and Coke, and I am sure a vegan diet is far healthier than
this!  He is not alone either. Dee

-------Original Message-------

From: Clayton Family
Date: 12/02/2009 04:24:44
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>CS for kids

Just a short comment- I know many parents that have raised kids on a
vegan diet ( and many more that included milk)- if one pays attention
to the diet, there is no risk of "severe nutritional deficiency". Of
course, kids are at risk of defieciency just by eating the usual kinds
of crap that is commonly used for food these days, such as big macs and
soda pop. But one rarely hears the doctors getting as upset with that
as they do with veganism.

sorry, mike, I couldn't resist  stating the other side.

Kathryn

<<faint_grain.jpg>>