Do you know what sol? I think it is not so much the taste of the fluid but our own taste buds! I came to this conclusion because my hubby and I can eat or drink the same substance and get two completely different tastes from it! My distilled water comes straight from the bottle and I have to say, that both of us think it tastes ghastly! It also makes me thirsty. Yet I had a friend over who doesn't drink tea or coffee and she tried it and thought it was really good! My husband thinks our tap water is foul, whereas I think it tastes all right, so there we go. Also, if I put my cell salts into tap water, there is no taste to speak of, but if I put them into distilled water, they taste really strongly of lemon! Someone said somewhere that it is the things our bodies need that causes the difference in taste, so who knows? dee