I am using g-mail for the silver list because of the problem of
getting the silver_list on comcast.net.

The g-mail automatically hides all the quoted text, and only showed
Marshall's reply, so I didn't even know that it might appear that I
was replying to dee.  Also, g-mail insists on organizing the posts in
topical format, so it is also difficult to get a sense of how old some
of the posts really are.

At first read, Marshall's post seemed a bit exasperated or defensive
that we would even attempt to test something that he had done ages
ago... but it is easy to misinterpret this sort of thing.  I know that
he is pretty steady emotionally so I didn't feel it would be a problem
if I tweaked his nose once or twice...  ;-))

Dan