Hi folks,

Yes, I know I've been verrrry quiet lately. I've been here, reading
along, sometime a day or two behind you, but watching nonetheless. I've
been spread quite thin, working on some major remodelling projects,
with barely enough energy to sneak through the day. So, I've indulged
in the privelege of letting you all take care of yourselves and each
other.

I have to say I continue to be well satisfied with the general attitude
and the atmosphere of helping that you have maintained.

Thank you! If I could give you all a hug, I would...

A couple of general reminders:

Any CS (EIS) related topics are, of course, welcome. Ask some questions
if you'd like to move the discussion towards what interests you right
now. Most folks here have already learned most of what they needed to
know, so subjects of interest to newcomers won't spontaneously come up
unless you let us know what you need, okay? Then, be patient and
persistent... You should get answers.

Other questions related to health and alternative medicine are also
welcome, and both CS and non-CS related answers may be given. I ask
that non-CS oriented subjects that thus come up be treated somewhat
more briefly and then either retired or moved to the Off Topic List or
other forums for more detailed and serious discussion.

Now, the regulars all know that I'm pretty forgiving on that score.
<grin> The recent thread on liposomal encapsulation technology courtesy
of Brooks' sharing is a perfect example. When the topic is *that*
interesting, I'll let it run its course quite happily. Only if it
starts to dominate things will I ask for a break.

If those off-topic discussions can answer immediate questions and give
people pointers to other resources for their continued study, then they
can be safely retired after a day or two, in most cases.

I'll also remind you that politics (like religion) is a prohibited
topic, in general, for the list. I'll cite as an example, any
discussion of the so-called health-care-reform issue as it's currently
being presented here in the united States. We have plenty of folks who
can witness to the severe shortcomings of our medical establishment,
but the extremely *political* maneuvering and posturing going on has
far less to do with health and medicine than with influence and power.

Talking about it is a guaranteed prelude to nasty arguments that will
yield no benefit and much harm to the purpose of our community.

Hint: Any message that mentions President Obama or Sarah Palin in any
context is likely to be inappropriate. <wink!>

The main exception to this is an OCCASIONAL (not daily!) heads-up on
significant developments regarding legislation or regulations effecting
CS or important alternative health issues, with any discussion to take
place elsewhere.

If some member or some topic starts to get out of hand, I'll get in
touch with the person(s) involved privately. Let me know, in private
also, if you think anything needs my attention. I take member opinions
that come to me that way into account as I gently nudge things along
and keep things, if not perfectly on track, than not careening too
wildy off the path.

Oh, and I've noticed a few subscriptions from usernames that seem a
little... suspicious. My advice? Just don't. <evil grin>

As all of you, I've been quietly mourning the loss of Wayne. He and I
only corresponded occasionally off-list, but I've long enjoyed his
contributions and unique perspective. I even had to rattle his cage a
time or two when he got a bit too frisky... Thanks, Wayne. I hope
you've found a good place.

Peace.

Mike Devour
silver-list owner